Heart of Longmont offers many opportunities for life-long learning, which is a vital part of our faith journey as adults. In addition to specially scheduled classes, workshops and Bible studies, Heart of Longmont offers three regular Sunday School classes for adults. Adult Sunday School classes follow a book/video club format with emphasis on spiritual growth and group discussion.
- Adventurers classes feature engaging conversations as well as coffee, tea and snacks. They strive to leave the classroom connected with others and blessed by the Holy Spirit. The age makeup is mostly Boomers and younger. This group also gathers for social outings such as hiking, dinners, comedy clubs, game nights and parties. Class meets Sundays at 8:45 am in room 208.
- Faith and Reason is a group of “ordinary radicals” who consider cutting-edge theological issues. They include spirited conversation, singing and chocolate. Class meets Sundays at 8:30 am in room 110.
- Horizon discussions are led by volunteers from the class on a rotating basis. Lively and insightful discussion is the hallmark of this class. Class meets Sundays at 9:00 am in room 104.
The Justice Seekers are a group of progressive-minded Christians who work to promote social justice in our church, community and world. Primarily through education, they seek to enlighten themselves and others about the challenges and difficulties of the disenfranchised, recognizing the inherent dignity of every human being. The group decides together where to focus their energies. Their current focus areas are:
- Immigration – The Justice Seekers seek to understand, with compassion and openness, the plights of recent immigrants to the United States, who are often marginalized and discounted.
- Gay Community – The Justice Seekers encourage Christians and others to be open and affirming of LGBT individuals. They actively encourage the Heart of Longmont congregation to welcome people of all sexual orientations and gender identities into the full life of the church.
Neck of the Woods (NOW)
NOW groups are comprised of members and friends of Heart of Longmont who live near each other. The Front Range has been divided into 11 geographical areas and all members are invited to participate with their local group. The goal is to foster fellowship, friendship and human connection within our church and within our neighborhoods. Groups decide for themselves how often to meet and what interests to pursue. Most groups gather for social outings, volunteer work and learning opportunities.
All are welcome to come and get healthy with a low-impact aerobic workout. The exercise group meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:30 am in room 210.